25 October 2008

Pad Thai Kitchen

2309 SE Belmont St, Portland, 97214

Portland has a ton of good Thai restaurants, and this one runs with the pack.

Probably my favorite part about this restaurant is the preponderance of booths. I like booths. It also has a pleasant staff that serves the food up fast. The chicken Tom Ka soup we ordered (mild) was divine, and the chicken satay with peanut sauce was delicious.

On the down side, the Pad Thai Kitchen seemed a little on the expensive side to me. One appetizer, one salad, one soup, one main dish and a glass of wine came to $40. I seem to recall ordering similar amounts at other Portland-area Thai restaurants for almost half the price. Also, the shrimp on the main dish was a tad overcooked, which kind of ruins the shrimp experience for me.

The verdict: average-quality Thai food a little on the spendy side. If I were on Belmont and hankering for some Tom Ka, I'd come back to the Pad Thai Kitchen and pass on the wine to keep it under ten bucks.

No comments: